Thursday 25 September 2014

From the Mouths of Babes.

From the mouth of Elijah

There was a homeless man on the corner "Mom we need to put some money in his hat"
So I passed him a coin and he put it in. We stared to walk home and he looked at me confused "mom so he is not even going to play music or anything?"

He was telling our friend "mommy likes red apples and I like green apples"
Well what about your dad?
"He just eats chips"

Looking at an old shelter in the woods- Eli where do you think the door to the house was? "I don't know, a wolf blew it down"

Sitting at the table carefully inspecting a promotional paper that came along with his little toy tractor "I am looking at the future to see if the toy store is open"

"Your the best dad in the whole wide world...at wiping bums"

Standing at his little kitchen "mom what can I make you to drink?"
How about a coffee?
"Mom you don't drink coffee you only drink water!" (ha ha...true).

Our building manager noticed Elijah's hairy legs when he bent down to talk to him in the stroller- Wow Eli I think you have more hair on your legs than me!
"Yeah, on my head too!" (Gulp...also kind of true).

The shaw guy called us for the fourth time to try to sell us a cable package- which I told him for the fourth time that we do not even own a television so it would be a very hard sell. As I am trying to convey that I would like to be taken off the call list Elijah is continuously saying that he wants to talk on the phone- I am getting annoyed so then I just decided to pass him the phone "Hello, my name is Eli- my mom just gave me a snack so I have something to munch on. It is important to eat good snacks and a good breakfast so you have lots of energy for the day (he goes on and on in this fashion...finally I presume the telemarketer is trying to let him go)
"okay well it was really nice talking to you, bye".

An old lady was smitten over Eli in the store and she asked him a mundane question like how old are you- which he totally disregarded and told her "my nipples are full of milk so I can feed my baby" she looked up at me and said- What did he say?
umm-I have no idea.

Eli came around the corner with a little yellow tea cup from his kitchen and told me very matter of factly "mom I tried to pee in a cup like I did at the doctors office and it went all over the floor"

Talking to a mom friend of mine at the park, Eli turns to her and asks
"What is your name?" She tell him her name, and he looks up at her
"That is beautiful name for a tall girl like you"
She was so pleased because she is actually very short!

After we came home from the park I asked "Do you know the boys name that you were playing with at the park?
"No I did not ask"
His name is Alexander...
"Graham Bell?!" Elijah asks excitedly.

It is always good to spend the night thinking about all the cute and wonderful things your three year old does...because sometimes you need that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment